- Annual Events
- Things to Do
- About Issaquah
- About Us
The Downtown Issaquah Association (DIA) Creating Community, Preserving Culture, and Strengthening Business
The mission of the Downtown Issaquah Association is to promote and enhance the vitality of Historic Downtown Issaquah through programs and events that celebrate our unique culture.
The Downtown Issaquah Association (DIA) promotes historic and Cultural Business District (CBD) with programs and activities to improve the appearance and economic vitality. The DIA collaborates with the City of Issaquah, Greater Issaquah Chamber of Commerce and other local non-profit organizations to support the arts, the community, economic growth and visitor development.
Downtown Issaquah Association Joins Main Street Tax Incentive Program
In January 2013 DIA qualified to join The Main Street Tax Incentive Program through the Washington State Preservation. The Main Street Tax Incentive credit program provides a Business and Occupancy or Public Utility Tax credit to businesses who contribute to the Downtown Issaquah Association. In 2005 legislation was passed creating a state B&O Tax Credit Incentive Program for businesses investing in local downtown revitalization programs like ours. A tax credit equal to 75% of your charitable contribution (up to your total tax liability) can be claimed in the calendar year following the contribution. By redirecting your B&O taxes to our Issaquah Main Street Program, you invest directly in the health and vitality of our downtown.
By redirecting your B&O taxes to the Downtown Issaquah Main Street Program, you will invest directly in the health and vitality of our downtown. Your contribution will support:
Review your recent Excise Tax Return or call your accountant to determine how much state B&O or PUT tax you currently pay. Determine your contribution amount. Your tax credit will equal 75% of your charitable contribution (up to your total tax liability) and can be claimed in the following calendar year. Your donation must be received by December 31st and can be paid in installments. You may also be eligible to receive a federal income tax deduction as a charitable contribution.
1. Sign into your e-file account at http://dor.wa.gov.
2. Click Credits & Tax Incentives in the left column.
3. Click Apply forMain StreetTax Credit.
4. Click Continue with Application.
5. Scroll the list and select Downtown Issaquah Association and click Next.
6. Enter the full amount of your contribution and click Next.
7. Review the summary page and click Submit.
8. You will receive a thank you notice. Print your receipt.
9. You will receive a confirmation of your registration from the Department of Revenue within 45 days. Your tax credit will be granted as part of your 2014 tax return. The full contribution must be paid to the DIA prior to Dec 31, 2013 to take the credit in 2014.
DIA Board of Directors and staff
The DIA board is comprised of Issaquah small business owners that are committed to the promoting and enhancing the economic vitality of downtown Issaquah.